Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fish Lake 2011

Brad and Mason were able to go to Fish Lake for the Robison family reunion this year. Since I was only 2 weeks away from my due date and had been having contractions, my doctor said "no way" to a trip up into the mountains. I missed my boys but I think they had a lot of fun.
When they got to Fish Lake, it had been raining and there was a double rainbow. Brad thought the double rainbow was pretty cool. (out of all the pictures he brought home of the trip, almost half of them were of the rainbow, haha). Mason likes rainbows and he told me that he saw one when he called that night.

Brad also took Mason on a drive to go look for some deer. Brad said that they saw one about 20 feet off the road so he pulled over and rolled down the window so Mason could look at it. Brad said Mason yelled out the window "Hi deer! Why you so fat?" Apparently they had seen a dead one on the side of the road earlier whose stomach was all swollen up.
Mason and Taryn were buddies and played together a lot.
Brad took Mason out on the boat with them one morning when they guys went out fishing. I asked Mason how he liked fishing and his reply was "I be shy. I play Angry Birds in my hideout." Good thing Brad took some of Mason's blankets on the boat and was able to build him a little fort to play in. If you look close in the picture you can see his Ipod in his hands. Silly kid. What would he do without his ipod???
Brad got him away from the ipod to fish for at least a little while.


I don't think Mason liked being forced to join in the kid activities. He has a face like this one in every picture or video of the activities.
Mason did enjoy playing outside in the dirt though.

Brad said Mason's favorite thing to do was the throw rocks in the "pond" and all he heard every day was "Daddy, lets go throw rocks in the pond."
Mason and Taryn

Packing up to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment