Friday, July 8, 2011

A series of unfortunate events...

Well, the month of July has been exciting for us, to say the least. We ended up June with me having to stay in the hospital for 3 days. We went in to the ER due to some pain and muscle spams in my arm that wouldn't stop. I then started contracting pretty regularly and was already dilated to a 2 and since I was only 34 weeks, they admitted me to monitor and stop the contractions. Luckily, Mason was able to spend some time with Aunt Kelli and Dylan and also with Aunt Jamie and Uncle Drew and their kids. Mason was a trooper but he was pretty attached to me for those first couple days that I was home. He came and visited me at the hospital and as soon as he walked into the room, he started looking around and asking where baby sister was. Since I was put on limited activity/bedrest, Rachel flew into town to help with Mason. He has loved having his "Rachey" here to play with him and it has been so nice to have some help.
A couple days later we come downstairs to find our refrigerator with the power off and everything spoiled inside. So fun. It was the 4th of July so we called the emergency maintenance line but apparently it didn't qualify as an emergency because no one called us back so we went without a fridge for 2 days until a maintenance man was able to come out.
The next day our internet/modem stopped working and that was just another hassle to deal with...
Then we get a letter in the mail stating that since our car insurance had lapsed we had a fine...Come to find out that when we switched car insurance companies a couple months ago, the old company canceled our policy 2 weeks early so the records showed that we didn't have coverage for 2 weeks when we actually did. So we have spent tons of time on the phone trying to get things worked out between all the insurance agents...Needless to say, I am ready for things to slow down and stop breaking because I don't need any additional stress at 37 weeks pregnant :). But we are glad that I have made it this far in the pregnancy and the baby will be considered full term when she is born now.

No comments:

Post a Comment